Sunday, April 19, 2015

I've done a couple of layouts

Pocket scrapbooking has always appealed to me as a quick way to get photos scrapped without having to spend time worrying too much about the details.  Even with this quick method of scrapping I never had the inclination or time to do any.  Lately I have been so busy being a taxi service for the boys, mainly James for his sports, that really I haven't had much time to myself.  I remember when I used to be able to sit down and scrap on a Saturday afternoon but those days have long gone.  I did however get to do just that yesterday afternoon & although my mojo isn't totally back it was just nice to get some photos printed, quick notes for the photos and call it done.  I decided to start by doing this time last year, so the following layouts are about this time last year, which was Easter time and we went down to Wanaka for some plane and car spotting.


 The above layout is a quick overview of what we saw and did during the week of 16th - 22nd April 2014.  We drove down to Wanaka on the 16th with our obligatory stop at Reflections at Lake Tekapo for lunch.  On the 18th we went down to the lake and watched a fly over by 6 biplanes.  On the 19th we were away pretty early, 9:15 by the car clock, yet we got into a long line of traffic heading towards the airshow.  On the 20th we went to Highlands Motorsport Park in Cromwell to watch the Festival of Speed racing.  On the 21st we went back home and as usual I had to have my photo of Aoraki Mt Cook, which was looking stunning that day.

Obviously there were more photos than those taken especially at the Warbirds over Wanaka and at the Festival of Speed.  I chose my best warbirds photos to put into another quick layout of their own.  There is the RNZAF NH90, the Hercules doing it's flare drop, the Anson and a few Harvards.  Not much journalling and no embellishments but it gets the photos scrapped and now I can delete them off my hard drive after backing them up to both the dvd and external hard drive.

1 comment:

Jenny said...

Well done!