Wednesday, April 06, 2011

Autumn card

Obviously I have a lot of either retired Stampin' Up! product or other scrapbook/stamping companies product sitting around in my craft room.  It seems a shame that I can't show everyone all that I make with these supplies so I decided to show you what I make with this type of product on this blog.

I made this card last year, it was part of a series of cards using the Lovely as a Tree stamp set.  That stamp set is very much current but the paper I used is no longer in the current Stampin' Up! Idea Book & catalogue. 

The leaves in Christchurch have not only started to turn but they are falling to the ground.  I wonder what the flooding is going to be like this autumn when we have a busted sewerage network & storm water drains can't hold all the rain let alone all the leaves that are blocking the drains.  So far I haven't seen any street sweepers come by to pick the leaves, they were on to it quickly last year but I suppose the City Council has more important issues than possible flooding due to a build up of leaves. 
Another season has arrived a timely reminder that life does go on no matter what. We just have to adjust ourselves to what mother nature throws at us.



1 comment:

Gary said...

Hi,
It is uplifting that the prospect of flooding did not dampen -pardon the pun- your ability to see the beauty of the leaves. I was looking for scrapbooking ideas for my friend , who has just returned from New Zealand. Thanks for the post and the inspiration.