Saturday, January 16, 2010

Week 2 recap

This week has been much the same as last week. 

We did get someone in to look at the wasps nest & he confirmed that the little wasps are actually more aggressive than the bigger wasps.  So he came around & sprayed the nest with something & true to his word the wasps weren't to be seen the next night.

The boys & I did take my fitness thing seriously this week.  I ran/walked three days this week with the boys either on their bikes ahead of me or Brent running/walking beside me.  I quite like having a little running buddy.  He runs at my pace but he stops a bit more often but he soon catches up again.  We also went swimming together twice this week, both times in the indoor pool.  I make sure they are in the end slow lane where water walkers are.  I'm not sure what you really call these people.  They aren't swimming but they aren't aquajogging either, instead they are just walking up & down the swim lane & then pumping their arms in the air really quickly at the end of each lap.  Anyway I swim in the lane right next to them so that I can kind of keep a gentle eye on the boys.  I know that they are confident in that water & with James being 8 I can leave him in the water alone but I prefer just to be able to keep an eye out in case trouble brews up.  I think the boys actually enjoy the swimming because they now ask me excitedly if it is a swimming day.  I also went swimming today but this time I was able to leave the boys at home.  It's really nice to get changed in the females change room rather than having to go in the family one with the boys all the time.

Talking of trouble, we did have an unsavoury moment last weekend.  This group of 5 boys aged from about 11 - 7 came up our driveway & started accusing my boys of stealing their trampoline.  It didn't just end there, one of the boys actually pushed Brent into some bushes quite roughly.  Unfortunately Scott had just left to take some stuff to the storage so it was me versus these boys.  I asked them what their problem was & they said that we had stolen their trampoline, I said there is no way it's there's as it's being sitting on our lawn for years.  I suggested they get off home & one turned around & said "piss off you motherf..."  I couldn't believe my ears, I know I have bad language but never has it been quite that bad.  Lucky Scott had noticed
them walking down our street & he got a feeling something might be up so he turned around & came back home.  Just as well because that sent those boys scurrying away.  Scott followed them until they went to Burnside Park.  We haven't seen them back again fortunately but they have been in the neighbourhood before.  The next door neighbour children have had a problem with them too.  Hopefully they'll just stay away now.  There's nothing like a big striding, angry looking man to put the place to rights.  Ohhh, Scott my knight in shining armour....

I heard from Sharon, the real estate agent, that she has shown two different parties through mum's house.  One party say the house isn't for them & the other party are a bit put off by the whole "leaky home" thing.  We have been very upfront about it & they are able to get copies of  the builders report that mum got after it had all been fixed up.  They of course can get their own building report too.  We knew that this was going to be an issue but we'll just have to hope that someone will trust the builders & buy the house.

We did look into flying up to Wellington for a day on Wednesday 20 January.  Scott is flying up for work & we thought it might be nice to tag along & maybe see the zoo & Te Papa but the prices are astronomical so that's not happening.  Maybe we will go & see the Wellington Phoenix play at AMI instead, at least that won't cost us $500.

We have spent today clearing out all the stuff from the garage & moving it to the storage locker so now for the first time in a very long time both cars fit in the garage.  Yippee!  I know our next door neighbour will be pleased because we have been using "his" parking spot since about August.

Tomorrow is my day off fitness so hopefully we can take the christmas tree down.  That's right we still haven't taken the christmas tree down but it hasn't been up a month quite yet either.  We were very late putting it up so I reckon it can just stay up longer in January to make up for it.  Well that's my story & I'm sticking to it.

I'm looking forward to yet more of the fitness next week, proably hear yet more arguements & fighting, but we will be on the second last week of the 7 week school holiday.  I can do it, I can do it, I can do it.  I will survive, I will survive, but will my sanity?

3 comments:

Jenny said...

That's dreadful about those horrible boys! If you can find where they live, you may be able to complain to the parents or if you have a friendly policeman friend perhaps he (she) can go and visit them.

Well done on the fitness - you are doing very well.

Sorry you're not coming to Wellington - I could have met you for lunch but that is too expensive for one day

Cheryl said...

Oh boy do I know what you mean... I know I will survive too but uhhh my sanity is barely hanging in there...

Bummer about the air fares being horrendous... and not being able to make it up to Wellywood as well...

Anonymous said...

hello... hapi blogging... have a nice day! just visiting here....