Thursday, June 18, 2009

House News!

Yippee! Our permit has come through from the City Council so we can now start the business of rebuilding our roof. We found that out on Monday.

Today the building contractor from Contract Construction came by to take a look at what needs to be done. He was going to come "after lunch" & true to his word he came after lunch but about 5 minutes before I had to leave to pick up James from school, isn't that always the way? Anyway he wants to start Wednesday next week. Now I know I am supposed to be thrilled but really I am just overwhelmed by the enormity of the task ahead of me.

I asked him what rooms we need to clear out & the definite ones are the master bedroom, Brent's bedroom & the toy room. He did say that he will put a plywood partition up the hallway at about my craft room so that is going to effectively be the closest room to the demolition & rebuilding going on. He then warned that as soon as we take the roof off that house will be cold. Scott said that it is already cold but I have a suspicion the contractor means really cold. He also said that with the roof off water is likely to be leaking in places we didn't think it would especially if we have rain (which of course is a huge likelihood as we are quickly approching the middle of winter).

So the upshot of it all is, we have to clear all the contents out of 3 rooms & probably for safety my craft room all by next Wednesday. The bad news is that we don't get a key to the storage place until Monday & we have to arrange moving all our stuff, Stan the useless man, hasn't organised anything for us. I forsee a very, very long weekend & an even longer Tuesday.

Anyone want to help? Sorry I won't have any spare beds or spare rooms for anyone to stay.

No comments: