Sunday, April 19, 2009

Honesty Pays!


James found $50 in the supermarket on Sunday. He carried it around the supermarket & then just as Scott was about to leave he reminded him about the $50 he found. They took it up to the office & James was told if no one claimed it, it would be his. He came home very excited about it all. I secretly thought there was no way that he would get it back. Well you can imagine my surprise when I got a phone call from the supermarket on Thursday around lunch time to be told that the $50 hadn't been claimed. After school I took James down to the supermarket where he was given the $50.
The funny thing is I really don't think he has grasped the concept of how big an amount of money it is.

2 comments:

Jenny said...

Well done to James and I hope he enjoys the money. He's learned a very good life lesson

Mel said...

Oh good for him. Maybe you show take it to the bank and ask them to convert it to $1 coins so he can see it's a big deal??