Saturday, August 11, 2007

Saturday 11 August

Guess what is flowering in my garden? Yes I have one mini daffodil in bloom, spring must be on its way!

We had soccer today. James' team won again & James got player of the day. Brent had to play against the team that beat them 14-0 last time. this time they only got beaten 6-0 so that was a huge improvement in 7 weeks. Brent was playing as a defender & he is starting to get the hang of his field placement which is good. He also managed to save 2 goals which is even better.

After soccer it was back home for a bath, lunch & a rest for the boys. Scott filled the trailer up with a mixture of soil & compost & the boys put that down on my garden after rest time. I've watered it down so it doesn't blow away in the NW winds & hopefully tonight it will rain which should help soak it down as well. I just need to replant my strawberries & maybe buy some seed potatoes to start them sprouting & that will be it for the vege garden for a while.

Next I will weed the little garden off the porch & then it will be time to tackle the garden under the blue room window before those roses get too big.

I hope you all have a wonderful weekend.

1 comment:

loonyhiker said...

This is really neat! Since it is nearing the end of summer, I feel like I get to experience spring again after reading your post. Spring is my favorite season so I was glad to hear about your daffodil!