Tuesday, July 24, 2007

Advice to my younger self

What advice would you give to your younger self?

I was very shy as a girl so my advice would be take that leap of faith & believe in yourself. You are worth knowing, you have some great attributes, believe in yourself.

If you try something & it doesn't work, don't beat yourself up over it, because at least you tried & gave it your best shot.

You are never going to please everyone all of the time, accept that fact & free yourself from trying to be the perfect anything. Give of your best & if that isn't good enough for someone then that will be their problem not yours. You can only do your best, sometimes it's not good enough for others, but make sure it is good enough for you.

5 comments:

Hannah said...

At the moment, I am participating in a Circle Journal group, and my journal (which is only a month away from returning home to me, after a VERY long time away!!) topic is "Advice to my Younger Self"!!! I can't wait to read the advice people have given "themselves".

Mine was:
* Listen to your mother, she is wiser than you know.
* Accept that you won't always be able to keep your nice size 10 figure from your late teenage years!
* Don't be fixated on the first guy that shows an interest in you, at age 14 you think you'll be together forever but you need to live your life and meet the right person when you're ready.

I like your advice too!

loonyhiker said...

I like your comment about not beating yourself over stuff. I still do that. I tend to over think things through and beat myself up over stuff that gets all screwed up. I wonder if I will ever grow out of it.

Glynis said...

Wonderful advice, Katrina! Wish I'd known that when I was younger :)

bahama97 said...

That is great advice...I really like the "you are worth knowing" comment. So very true!

Roo said...

Very good advice.