Saturday, July 21, 2007

20 July

I have a desk calendar with pictures of paintings on it. Not your normal paintings but ones done by people who have no hands. These people do amazing paintings using either their mouth or foot. How amazing is that to be able to paint using your mouth or foot? The world wide organisation have a website, I bought this calendar from the New Zealand group. http://www.amfpa.com/html/show.php?lang=2
I can't even paint like this with my hands, I find it inspiring that there are people out there who don't need hands to paint. This picture has been sitting on my desk all of June. It is from an original painted with the mouth by T. S. Hung. Lillies always remind me of summer & yet again it has been very much a dreary winter day. I am dreaming of summer & the sunshine.

The big news is that Christchurch has less smog days this winter than last. I'll tell you why, it's because we haven't had as many frosts this year instead we have had horrible wet, grey, cloudy, no sun to be seen, days instead. I want a nice frosty day & sunshine please! I'm beginning to think that the lady cop in "Men in Trees" has a great idea in her UV light that she keeps turning on in winter. I could really do with one of those now. I need to see some sunshine!

1 comment:

Mrs Frizz said...

Loved the comment about the female cop from Men in Trees ... too true ... it's been miserable in the deep south as well - but we have had frosts, frosts and more frosts and driving conditions have been absolutely treacherous.

Roll on Spring ...