Wednesday, June 27, 2007

Television

Television.... Where would we be without television? Seriously though. Did you have a tv set while you were growing up? If not, did your neighbors or friends? If you did, what were some of the shows that were on and what were your favorites?

We had a black & white tv but we weren't allowed to watch it much. We were of course allowed to watch the news as long as we were quiet. I seem to recall we were allowed to watch The Wonderful World of Disney on a Sunday night. I also remember a program called Grizzly Adams that we were allowed to watch.

Really it wasn't until I was a teenager that we were allowed to watch tv & that was because by then we had a colour one. Jo & I were allowed to watch the old black & white one on the landing while my parents watched the colour one in the family room. I do remember watching Dukes of Hazard on the b&w tv & managing to get dad to watch it on the colour tv once & it was wonderful to see it in colour.

4 comments:

loonyhiker said...

Ahhh, Grizzly Adams was a great show too! I wish there were more family shows on TV for young kids today.

Glynis said...

I LOVED the Dukes of Hazzard...wow, does that bring back memories!

Karen said...

Oh yes The Dukes of Hazzard. Now that was a colourful show from go to whoa.

bahama97 said...

Dukes of Hazzard? Me too! On Friday nights, we'd watch the Dukes and then Dallas. I had a crush on Bo Duke LOL! I wonder what he's up to these days?