Thursday, June 21, 2007

Family update

Well it has been a while since I have done a family update.

The exciting parts have been on the 12th June Brent finally lost his first tooth. He was 7 years 6 months & 1 day old, pretty amazing that it was so close to 7 1/2 years. It had been loose for quite some time so he was very pleased that it finally came out. Talk about a tiny tooth, the 10cent peice is the smallest peice of currency that NZ has now & measures about 2 cm in diameter. Take a look at this photo.




He then decided that he would take it to school, luckily we managed to talk him out of that, because I really think that he would have lost it. Instead he put it in a tooth pillow that nana gave him.





He was a very lucky boy & the tooth fairy visited that night & left him $1 for that tiny little tooth. So here is what he looks like now.



As you can see he already had another tooth growing up behind the tooth that came out. There is another one back there too, so I am expecting another tooth to come out next month.


More Brent news is that we were very surprised & thrilled to learn that he has been graded at swimming & will be moving out of the sharks class & will be a tigershark next term. He really does move through the water really nicely & will be a fast swimmer once he has got the whole freestyle breathing thing down pat.


On to James. He & I had a folk dancing evening on 14th June. He was very excited about it in the lead up to the night & the class spent a lot of time learning the dances. I think there must have been about 10 different dances that the boys learnt how to do. James had told me that I was to dress up & wear a skirt, unfortunately it was a very cold night so I went dressed up in trousers instead.


It was a wonderful night, & it was nice that some of the dances were different from when Brent & I went, there was still the bird dance though.

Tomorrow it is mufti day at school & the boys have to go as a storybook character. I have a pinocchio & a puss in boots very excited about it.

Next week is the last week of term & includes parent/teacher/boy interviews as well as a coffee morning for me on Thursday.

I hope you all have a wonderful week.

1 comment:

Jenny said...

Things are going well with your boys, Katrina. You have no need to worry about them