Thursday, June 07, 2007

Embracing my Life.

As part of the Blog Builder challenge at ScrapTown there are 10 questions to answer in 10 days.
Here's question #1.

What age would you like to be for the rest of your life?

I have decided after a bit of thought that there really is no particular age that I would like to be. I certainly wouldn't want to be a child again, too many restrictions & I would have to get used to the family dynamic again.

I loved my years at university (18-22) but I've been there done that & it sure is nice not having to sit exams on my birthday. I hated that part of university, especially if it was an accounting exam, ick!

I loved my selfish 20's in Wellington. I was young, only had a commitment to Scott & we weren't married anyway, so I could always leave. That was the time in my life when I was the healthiest & fittest I had ever been. I was going to the gym for hours, coming home & just blobbing. Not doing housework until teh weekend & even then it didn't seem to be too much of a chore. I had a fun job with lots of other like minded people. It was just a great time, but in the end it became as if something was missing.

We can put my 30's down to creating my own family. I was well truely pregnant for my 30th birthday & from then on my life has changed. It's a different life completely but one that I wouldn't give up either.

So I am in my late 30's looking back at my life & there is no one age & even no one stage that I would want to stay at all the rest of my life. I love change, my life is evolving, the only scary thing is looking in the mirror & noticing that I now have a middle aged spread & I'm getting grey hair. I try not to let that make me feel old instead it is the start of another part of my life, where I will have to focus on my health again & that means taking back some time to concentrate on ME.

Life is about change, some big, some small, some whack you over the head & some just slowly creep up. I love that my life is evolving & through it all I am finding out who I truely am. I would never find that out if I just stayed one age for the rest of my life.

2 comments:

Karen said...

I reckon you've got exactly the right handle on life Katrina. I'm often tempted to wish I was in my younger years (especially first thing in the morning). But the truth is that there's good and bad times at every age and it's healthy to grow and change. Besides I'm having too much fun right now towant to go back.

bahama97 said...

That is such a positive outlook & a really great way to look at everything. I really enjoyed reading your write up. TFS!