Thursday, June 14, 2007

3 things that make me happy

6. What are three things you need in order to be happy?

Another tough question.

#1 Scott. He gives me love, friendship, a different way of thinking about things than I do, companionship & he knows how to make me laugh. Just being with him makes me happy. I can't wait until October when just he & I will go on the Tahitian cruise. We really haven't gone travelling to another country (other than Australia) together in quite some time. The last time was in 1997 when we went to England & Paris, & that was a lot of fun. Admittedly this time we are doing it in more style & we can keep our bags in one place & not have to lug them around with us all the time.

#2 My children. I know I have days when I feel like I could quite happily leave them on the side of the road & walk away but I would really miss their smiles, their laughter & their funny little jokes (james' don't make any sense yet, but brent is definitely starting to get it.) I love it when James runs into my arms after school, it really makes me feel like I am not the horrible mum that I think I am. I love being able to see the world through their eyes it makes me happy to be alive when they show me the little bits & peices they have found, & their fascination with things.

#3 My computer with an internet connection. I am amazingly bereft when I can't log into the internet & catch up with my "virtual friends" at least once a day. The internet has let me make friends in countries all over the world in a way that penpals never did. It really is amazing how upset I am when I can't log on to the internet first thing in the morning. It really annoys me & seems to ruin the rest of my day.

No comments: