Monday, March 12, 2007

It's been one of those weeks

Begin your entry with "I wish someone had told me..."

I wish someone had told me that there would be days when you love your children to bits but then the next day you really just want to put them on the side of the road with a "free to a good home" sign.

I assume I am normal feeling this way. James especially has been pushing every boundary, pushing every one of my buttons & I really feel a bit overwhelmed at the moment. I am not known for my patience (it's not one of my virtues) but I have really come to the end of it with him. He doesn't listen to a word I say, he thinks everything is a joke, constantly talks over top of me & seems to be intent on causing trouble. I really have had enough of this behaviour. He's not doing well at school because it would appear that he doesn't pay attention in class either. One of the good bits of advice that came out of the year 1 mothers coffee morning on Thursday is fish oil. One mother had a problem with her son not focusing on the task at hand & not paying attention & she put her son on fish oil tablets & apparently they helped. So in the grocery shopping this week we bought some Omega 3 fish oil capsules that taste of fruit & James had one yesterday afternoon & one this morning. I hope this will make a difference to his behaviour as well. I can only hope.

Thank goodness I have a ScrapCamp coming up I can't wait to get away for a girls weekend of scrapping, eating chocolate (I know I gave up for Lent so I'll try to be good) & chatter.

No comments: