Saturday, March 24, 2007

G words.

This week my dd, Emma, studied the letter "G" in kindergarten. For homework she (we) had to write or draw as many G-words as she could think of. Let's use G-words as our prompt.garbage, gate, goat, girl, green, giraffe, guitar...... Add your own and start writing!

Ha ha that's funny, James had the same letter this week. We didn't have to make a list of as many as possible but we did have to draw some. So he drew green grass. I suggested a garage & Scott suggested a gate. After doing so well with his homework earlier in the week he went to pieces on it on Wednesday & it got to be more like scribbles than drawings of anything. It's a bit sad really because just the week before he had got full marks for his nice neat homework & we had rewarded him with eating off the red plate. He seems to do everything in extremes. He's either tidy or an absolute mess, he either takes ages to do something because he is trying to get it perfect or it's a slapdash, don't care attitude.

He really is becoming infuriating & he lies very well when he wants to too. Wednesday night he told me he had no reading homework & I didn't believe him so I looked in his homework diary. He was correct the teacher had written "No Reading!". I thought it odd & asked him why there was no reading homework. James told me it was because he was going on a trip the next morning. I get to school the next morning & his teacher comes up to me & asks if I saw the notice about no reading. I said yes & she asked if James told me why. I said because there was a trip & she says no that's not why. I just wished the ground would open up & swallow me, & then it got worse. I asked James why there was no reading & James said he didn't know & then his teacher said that on Wednesday James spent more time in time out than out of it. There was no reading for him because instead of sitting on the mat like he was supposed to he was running around the classroom. That's not all, earlier in the day when he was suuposed to have been doing story writing, he & another boy were atanding on seats & saluting people. Honestly I just wanted to get out of the classroom & disown him. He's really making me pull my hair out, I am so sick of his behaviour.

Thank goodness scrapcamp is next weekend I really need a break from this madness.

No comments: