Saturday, February 24, 2007

Sleeping tricks

What do you do when you have trouble sleeping? Any special techniques for counting sheep or secret family recipes for warm milk?

I am a very light sleeper & also find it hard to get to sleep if Scott goes to sleep first. The sound of him peacefully breathing while I am trying to get to sleep drives me to distraction. I have tried breathing at the same rhythm as him since he must have the secret to getting to sleep, but that doesn't always work. I always try to make sure that I have read a chapter of my book & am asleep before Scott comes to bed. If I am still awake I carry on reading until I feel dozzy. Invariably that doesn't work & I end up lying there just thinking. I try to think of a nice place & relax & that sometimes works. If not I will be out of bed & sleeping in the spare bedroom where I can read my book until I get tired & then fall asleep.

2 comments:

Angela said...

Hi Katrina

I'm like you a light sleeper, and I also need to get to sleep before my husband, but I'm lucky that I don't take long to fall asleep, so even if we do go to bed together, I'm always asleep before him. If on the off chance he does get to sleep first, I usually get up, 'cause like you said, there is no point lying there.

loonyhiker said...

I found out I can't go to sleep if my hubby isn't in my bed with me. I'm addicted to having him beside me. We joke about how I better die before him or I'll never sleep again!