Tuesday, January 16, 2007

Back again

It has been a long time since I've been here. I couldn't even remember my username to get on here, it's been so long.

Christmas is over & done with & now we are into the long haul of the summer holidays. The question has to be what summer? Yesterday I thought summer had arrived, it was beautifully warm & the boys enjoyed playing in the swimming pool at the Botanic Gardens. Today it is back to that horrible easterly cloud & cool, the sun has hardly come out from behind the clouds. I think I could cope better with these long holidays if the sun would only shine so the boys could puddle about in water all they liked. They seem to really enjoy playing with water & were even keen to clean my windows the other day. I nearly took them up on the offer until I saw that they thought using the yard broom on the windows would be the way to do it! The smears they left behind were awful so I deceided that it really wasn't going to be worth it after all. Even more so when there is arguing over who gets to do what job as well.



What I have been able to do is some scrapping. I'm really pleased that I have done two layouts already this year with another 2 nearly finished ones sitting waiting for some journalling & embellishing.

This was my first layout of the year. It was a cross between an Ali Edwards idea (using 2 inch squares of patterned paper) & an idea from HGTV (making windows that open) that caused me to create this layout. These are some of the christmas cards that we received in 2005. 9 of the squares open up to show a photo from christmas of that year & some journalling.

This is a digital layout I created using Lauren Bavin's Pleasantly Pink page kit. http://store.digitalscrapbookplace.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=2_18_162&products_id=4702

I am really thrilled with this layout, one of the reasons is of course because it is pink! Thank goodness both my neices like to dress in pink or purple at the moment.

Hopefully I'll be a better blogger now that the christmas rush is over, but I always say that as well as "I'll be more prepared for christmas this year." We'll see how I go at keeping these resolutions.

1 comment:

Mel said...

Lovely layouts - gorgeous!