Wednesday, March 01, 2006

Effort Card

Brent brought home his forst effort card of the year on Friday. It is a fantastic card & it looks like he is starting the year off well. Next week we have a parent/teacher interview with Mrs Stokes so we'll be able to get a better grasp of how he is doing then.

It seems that Brent is really enjoying school at the moment. They are studying the sea for science & he is already looking forward to the trip to Taylors Mistake & the aquarium. I am really hoping I'll get to go with him.

In other news, I have had a cold for the last couple of weeks so haven't being doing any training for my duathlon. Hopefully on Sunday I'll try to do a brick just to get myself back into it.

I have had the first kindy committee meeting of the year & as no one else volunteered I am in charge of sending away the applications for the grants. I'm not really 100% sure what it entails but the woman who did it last year is going to go through it all with me next week.

James has been very tired & quite beligerant recently which has been getting on my last nerve. I try to be patient but his endless arguing & not doing what I tell him to do is driving me round the twist. I do think this goes in cycles, because just before the start of the school term Brent was going through the same thing. Somehow he's got better (I wish I knew what made him see the light) & now James is going through it. There seems to never be a time when they are both good at the same time, which is tiring. In efforts to help James I have been putting him in his bed for a rest each day this week & he seems to actually sleep so he must be tired. I would have thought that if he wasn't tired he would just play in his room but he is definitely asleep. Maybe a catch up on sleep will fix his attitude. It's worth a try.

I went to Church Bay on Sunday & took James with me. The tide was about 2 hours out from high tide but that didn't upset James. He was quite happy picking up shells & doing general beachcombing. He found an old alacatel cellphone, a plastic sandel & part of a plastic bottle. He brought home a bag full of shells & stones & took them in to kindy today to show his friends. The access to the beach is rather difficult there now as there is hardly any room for parking down by the wharf. We parked in the old parking spot & tried to get to the beach down the track we used to use. Unfortunately although the steps are operational the path is not & you have to walk through the France's property to get to the beach. I felt a bit uncomfortable doing that so when it came time to leave we walked back up past the wharf & along the road to the car. The reason the path is closed down is because the new owners of our former bach have installed a lift that goes from the road down to the beach. The lift also stops off at the Phillips' so they have easy access now too.

Brent has his swimming sports on Friday & I have a crop on Saturday so it will be an excting weekend. Posted by Picasa

No comments: