Thursday, January 12, 2006

Smily Sucker!

Yes this smily sucker is mine. What does it say about my life when I can tell you I am excited about this household appliance. There is something about it that just makes me smile & I couldn't wait to use it. I love it!

We only bought a new vacuum towards the end of last year but it has already died. It's head broke & then after getting duct taped back together it never really worked properly again. I got it out to do the weekly vacuum this morning & I had had enough. I know that I only told Scott this morning that this year is to be a year of consolidation but how much frustration is a year of consolidation worth? I couldn't get the head to work at all this morning so I was in my car to get a new one. No I didn't go to Briscoes this time I decided I would try a commercial kind of vacuum, so I went to Christchurch Cleaning Supplies.

They had a whole row of these wee suckers smiling at me & who am I to say "no" to such a cute smile? Yes the marketing department for Numatic had caught me hook, line & sinker. There were even coloured ones that had names written on them like George (the one I would have loved because he did shampooing too) & Henry (for the real commercial cleaners). This wee man didn't have a name & I will wait & see what my boys call him.

As soon as I got him home I put him to work & he smiled through it all, fancy that smiling while doing housework & I bet if there had been a camera weilding person in my house they would have seen a smile on my face too. I love his extra long power cord. Now I only have to unplug & move it once to get all the house vacuumed. With my other vacuum it was almost every room that I had to plug it into. He is super sucky & cat hair got sucked up in an instant. And his smile, irresistable.

Now let's see if he does the same magic on my boys & they will vacuum their own rooms. Oh well a girl has to dream. Posted by Picasa

5 comments:

Jenny said...

I love that smile!

Mel said...

A commercial vacuum cleaner is a GREAT idea. I have had a Dyson for years and I'd never get another one - it still works but it's not sucky enough for my liking. Hmm, wonder if I could break it?

Lara said...

I love this post! - You have to turn it into a layout:D! The smile reminds me of flylady's feather duster & 'blessing the world'.

Delys said...

Love it and I started smiling as soon as I saw your pic! I would be smiling doing the vacuuming with that cheesy grin! Good on you getting a good vaccum cleaner.

Anonymous said...

I only wish my vacuum smiled like that too! That is very cute!! Glad you enjoyed your new tool!!